Travel Host Samantha Brown Thrills Trust Company Guests
Posted on February 25, 2019
(from left) Judy Bricker, Director of Corporate Marketing, Samantha Brown, West McCann, President and Cherry Smith, Wealth Services
The Naples Trust Company was the exclusive sponsor for a private fundraising event for WGCU PBS/NPR showcasing Samantha Brown, renowned TV travel host. Brown presented at The Hyatt House in Naples on Thursday evening, premiering her screening on Naples and Marco Island. More than 100 guests filled the room to see the program and hear about Samantha’s relationship with PBS and her new series “Places to Love.” Guests had plenty of time to ask questions about travel and Samantha’s life. Her parents reside on Marco Island, so Brown generously offered to appear for the benefit of WGCU, the local PBS station. She provided several hot travel tips to make your experience easier including:
- Break out the ironing board in the hotel room. It creates extra counter space for work or play, even dining and has an adjustable height.
- If traveling with children, send one parent on board with gear and car seats while the other stays off the plane with children until the last possible moment, reducing time in seats for squirmy little ones.
- Be a Twitter fan. Follow “Ask TSA” and airline. Airlines are immediately available on Twitter and can assist directly with rebooking a cancelled flight.
- If you’re going to be in the same town for 3 or 4 days, create a ritual, such as going to the same breakfast place each morning. It makes you feel like a local and you get to know people.
- Travel with your favorite peanut butter. You have ready-made energy when needing a quick boost.
Half of the audience attended the private Meet & Greet with Samantha Brown following the presentation. “Samantha is just as charming and enthusiastic in person as she is on her program,” said West McCann, President of The Naples Trust Company. “We were honored to sponsor her event.” Tickets were drawn for Samantha’s favorite brand and style of luggage and provided to happy winners. The Naples Trust Company and its parent company – The Sanibel Captiva Trust Company are long time underwriters of WGCU Public Media. To view Samantha’s programs or learn more about the station visit www.wgcu.org.