Why Create a Trust?
- Reduce or eliminate estate, capital gain, or income taxes
- Transfer assets between generations
- Avoid probate proceedings
- Ensure confidentiality
Why Select a Corporate Trustee?
- Management continuity
- Expertise in investment, tax, and fiduciary matters
- Asset management advice
- The objectivity of a fiduciary advisor
- Freedom from “family politics”
Key Components of an Estate Plan
A basic understanding of these estate planning components will help us work together in developing appropriate estate planning strategies. The formal documents in your estate plan should be drafted by a capable estate planning attorney. We are committed to coordinating and working with your attorney and any other professional advisors to assist you in accomplishing your estate planning goals.
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Personal Trust Agreements
- Letter of Instruction to Family
- Proper Designation of Beneficiaries
- Health-care Power of Attorney
- Living Will
- List of Emergency Information and Contacts
- Proper Forms of Ownership